Welcome to July 2017’s business income report where I show you how I made money online last month. Now, let’s take a look at this month’s update and see how I did.
If you are new to Simply Hip Savings, you may be wondering why I would want to publish my monthly income reports. Skip to the next section if you are not new here and you already know why.
Simply Hip Savings was started as a way to make extra income. This was all about ways to make extra income to help pay off debts and start saving more money for retirement and to live a fuller life.
Regardless if others think I’m crazy for sharing my income report, I do it for me. The main reasons that I decided to share my income reports publicly is for the following reasons:
- Before I started blogging, I knew very little about monetizing a blog, let alone think it was even remotely possible to earn money thru blogging. I used to think that saving money here and there or that side hustling wasn’t worth the effort. Only when I came across a bloggers monthly income report did I realize just how lucrative blogging and side hustling was! After that one bloggers income report, I started seeing more and more income reports. Those reports helped me join the blogging world and opened me up to a whole new look on life. I want to share my reports so that others can realize as I did that side hustling and blogging is worth it!
- Secondly, I want to publish these reports so I can look back at my own progress. I can use these reports to learn from my mistakes and take what is working and make it better. This is kinda like an online journal for me.
- I want to show others that making side money is worth it! Whether that side money is from online surveys, couponing, VA work, work from home side gigs or blogging, it’s all relevant and worth it.
What I listed above it my top 3 reasons for sharing my monthly blog income reports. There are many more reasons however, those are my top 3. I want to show others that you don’t have to hate your life and job. I want to show others (and myself) that side hustling can create a better quality of life and that I can enjoy “work”.
If you are interested in starting your own blog, I created a tutorial that will help you start a blog of your own. The best part is it’s SUPER cheap, starting at only $2.75 per month (this low price is available thru my link) for blog hosting. In addition to the super cheap price for blog hosting, you will receive a free website domain ( a $15 value) by using my BlueHost link, when you purchase, at least, 12 months of blog hosting. It is essential to use self-hosting if you want to make money blogging, in other words if you want to monetize your site.
This post may contain affiliate or referral links. Read more about this in our Disclosure Policy.
How Was Business Income for July 2017?
I earned $84.57 blogging and online in July of 2017, before expenses.
July was a great month for the blog, considering I took a few days off and left the country (with no phone or internet) and I didn’t work on the blog very much.
I did work a little, not much though. Most of what I did was things behind the scenes. I re-created blog photos and graphics, updated posts with affiliate links, moved ads around, and I also came up with new fonts that I will incorporate more in my work. Nothing terribly exciting, but things that were on my To-Do list way too long.
July was a great month for my page views. Even though I have few posts up, I managed to finish the month with 3,151 page views. That’s up from 712 the previous month. This is the summer slump for traffic, so I am hopeful next month picks up with back-to-school and the approaching holiday seasons.
Publishing a monthly income report will also help hold me accountable to strive each month to get better and better.
How my July income report breaks apart:
Total Income was $84.57
I had no expenses this month as I pay for my blog hosting annually.
Although my blog income is not terribly much, I am very proud of my accomplishment. My page views are rising as is my income. Hopefully, in the coming month I will see more ad income, affiliate income as well as higher page views. With what I have learned this month thru continuing education, I should be able to start seeing my work become fruitful.
What I worked on in July:
- I wrote 4 posts:
How to Buy a Used Car- Insiders Guide (I work in the car business, so I should know!)
The other was on where to find 4th of July Fireworks in the county that I live in.
- Re-read a post written by Elna Cain from Twins Mommy on her blog traffic and what she was doing to make her blog work. Even though I have read this post before, this time something resonsated with me like never before. I guess you could say something “clicked”. I made a few changes that she said worked for her and recommends others do as well.
- I created a Tailwind Tribe called Simply Hip Savings. You can join for free by clicking here. If you decide to sign up for the paid Tailwind version, like I use to schedule my monthly Pinterest, you will get one month free by using my link! Not only did I create a Tailwind Tribe but I joined more Tailwind Tribes.
- Based on reading MANY articles that talk about branding your Pinterest Board Covers, I revamped mine. I created board covers with more white space to look cleaner. On the Holiday and food boards, I choose what I felt was a great picture to represent the boards theme.
- Added Comment Luv, so when other bloggers comment on my posts, it will show their last written blog post. This was an Elna recommendation and it totally makes sense!
- I re-started the Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing course. I swear when you redo the course more and more sinks in! If you haven’t joined the course yet, you absolutely have too! This course is a game changer with tons of important information on blogging and affiliate marketing! You can check out my interview with Michelle of Making Sense of Cents.
- I also purchased a book (in June) written by Carly of Mommy on Purpose called Pinteresting Strategies. If you have not read this book yet, YOU NEED TO. There are tons and tons of books out there on How Pinterest Works, but seriously Carly has some great theories. The best part is, she manually pins! WHA – WHATTT? Yes, she manually pins and is soooo successful! What’s even better, is the book is only $32.00! I already made that back this month. My traffic is up as well as my average monthly viewers. On top of that my monthly viewers went up from 67,000 to OVER 127,000, thanks to Carly’s book!
My plans for my blog and business.
- Grow Simply Hip Savings to 6,000 monthly page views. I would love more readers! Getting higher traffic and engagement on my website would make me happy. I’ll update my status on this in next months income report.
- Create at least 4 Blog Posts per month. Working full-time in the car business and having a 5 year old can really drain my time and energy. However, I would really like to get to a point where I can retire from my “day” job and blog full-time. In order to do that I need to create more content.
- Learn how to create printable’s to offer to my readers. It would be awesome if I could figure out how to create printable budgets and price books to offer to my readers for opt-ins. They would also be a great addition to the posts that talk about budgeting and saving money on groceries.
- Grow Simply Hip Savings email list. Although I do have an opt-in email pop-up, I’m not getting to much traction on my email list. I do believe this has to do with not having a great lead magnet. Creating printable’s to offer will help with my conversions.
- Grow my Affiliate Marketing income. I am a firm believer in affiliate marketing. If I can work on how I am promoting my affiliates I will see an increase in my income.
How was July for you? Are you interested in earning blogging income as I am?