Welcome to Augusts 2017’s business income report where I show you how I made money online last month. Now, let’s take a look at this month’s update and see how I did.
If you are new to Simply Hip Savings, you may be wondering why I would want to publish my monthly income reports. Skip to the next section if you are not new here and you already know why.
Simply Hip Savings was started as a way to make extra income. This was all about ways to make extra income to help pay off debts and start saving more money for retirement and to live a fuller life.
Reasons I Share Income Reports
Regardless if others think I’m crazy for sharing my income report, I do it for me. The main reasons that I decided to share my income reports publicly are for the following reasons:
- Before I started blogging, I knew very little about monetizing a blog, let alone think it was even remotely possible to earn money thru blogging. I used to think that saving money here and there or that side hustling wasn’t worth the effort. Only when I came across a bloggers monthly income report did I realize just how lucrative blogging and side hustling was! After that one bloggers income report, I started seeing more and more income reports. Those reports helped me join the blogging world and opened me up to a whole new look on life. I want to share my reports so that others can realize as I did that side hustling and blogging is worth it!
- Secondly, I want to publish these reports so I can look back at my own progress. I can use these reports to learn from my mistakes and take what is working and make it better. This is kinda like an online journal for me.
- I want to show others that making side money is worth it! Whether that side money is from online surveys, couponing, VA work, work from home side gigs or blogging, it’s all relevant and worth it.
What I listed above are my top 3 reasons for sharing my monthly blog income reports. There are many more reasons however, those are my top 3. I want to show others that you don’t have to hate your life and job. It’s important to me to show others (and myself) that side hustling can create a better quality of life and that you can enjoy “work”.
Publishing a monthly income report will also help hold me accountable to strive each month to get better and better.
If you are interested in starting your own blog, I created a tutorial that will help you start a blog of your own. The best part is it’s SUPER cheap, starting at only $2.75 per month (this low price is available thru my link) for blog hosting. In addition to the super cheap price for blog hosting, you will receive a free website domain ( a $15 value) by using my BlueHost link, when you purchase, at least, 12 months of blog hosting. It is essential to use self-hosting if you want to make money blogging, in other words if you want to monetize your site.
This post may contain affiliate or referral links. Read more about this in our Disclosure Policy.
How Was Business Income for August 2017?
I earned $68.57 blogging and online in August of 2017, before expenses.
August was a great month for the blog, all things considered. Here in South Florida the kids started school on August 14th. So I’m sure you are aware of the mad dash for school supplies, clothing and getting back to routines.
Most of what I did was things behind the scenes, same as in July. I re-created blog photos and graphics, updated posts with affiliate links, moved ads around, and I also came up with new fonts that I will incorporate more in my work. Nothing terribly exciting, but things that were on my To-Do list way too long. These items were also worked on in July’s limited time I did work on the blog.
August was a great month for my page views, even better than in July. I did exceed my goal for monthly page views, which I am ecstatic about! Even though I have few posts up, I managed to finish the month with 8,438 page views. That’s up from 3,151 the previous month. The summer slump for traffic is nearing it’s end, so I am hopeful next month picks up with back-to-school and the approaching holiday seasons.
How My August Income Report Breaks Apart:
Total Income was $68.57
I had no expenses this month as I pay for my blog hosting annually.
Although my blog income is not much money, I am happy to see that I can make money from blogging. As my page views increase and I am able to help more and more individuals my income with eventually go up. Hopefully, in the coming month I will see more ad income, affiliate income as well as higher page views.
What I Worked On In August:
- I was only able to publish 2 blog posts. Although I did start to write many more, they were not published. Probably has something to do A.D.D. and life in general. Those posts were:
- I also purchased a book (in June) written by Carly of Mommy on Purpose called Pinteresting Strategies. If you have not read this book yet, YOU NEED TO. There are tons and tons of books out there on How Pinterest Works, but seriously Carly has some great theories. The best part is, she manually pins! WHA – WHATTT? Yes, she manually pins and is soooo successful! What’s even better, is the book is only $32.00! I already made that back this month. My traffic is up as well as my average monthly viewers. On top of that my monthly viewers went up from 67,000 to OVER 127,000, thanks to Carly’s book!
- During August, I focused on what content I wanted to write and came up with post content as well as opt-in materials for future posts.
- Most of August again, was behind the scenes: learning to create better headlines, creating opt-ins, reading up on affiliate marketing and creating a game plan for my blog.
- After reading this post from Elegant Themes, I also decided I wanted to tag and categorize my blog posts differently.
Did I Accomplish My Previous Month Goals:
- Grow Simply Hip Savings to 6,000 monthly page views. – ACHIEVED! I finished the month with 8,438 page views.
- Create at least 4 Blog Posts per month. – FAIL! I only actually completed and published 2 blog posts.
- Learn how to create printable’s to offer to my readers. – SEMI-ACHIEVED! I am still currently completing an on-line course on how to do this.
- Grow Simply Hip Savings email list. – FAIL! I did absolutely nothing to get more email subscribers.
- Grow my Affiliate Marketing income. – SEMI-ACHIEVED! It may seem silly that I say semi-achieved but hear me out… I don’t think that my original goal was defined enough. “Grow my Affiliate Marketing” didn’t define by how much or by what metric that would be compared against. My affiliate marketing did start to increase with different affiliates so it is growing, just not as much as I wold have liked. That is why I feel this was Semi-Achieved.
My Plans For My Blog and Business:
- Create and Publish 4 Blog Posts
- Complete the Printable’s Course
- Publish a New Email Opt-In to Grow My Email Subscribers
- Work on Creating Holiday Posts- Round-ups,
- Grow Simply Hip Savings to 9,000 monthly page views – I think this is a fair number considering I only published two blog posts in August and with the recent Hurricanes many people are still not back to “normal” life including myself. My family lives in Florida and were affected by Irma.
- Gain 10 Email Subscribers – The reason I am going low on this number is because I have done really nothing to grow my email list and this will be a whole new challenge for me. I will update my progress on this in my next income report.